Sunday, December 11, 2016

The Cobb Lab at AGU - 2016 Edition

by Kim Cobb

This year we have a large number of presentations spanning a wide array of topics, delivered by a mix of undergrads (Gemma O'Connor, Nick Hitt), grad students (Pamela Grothe, Hussein Sayani), postdocs (Alyssa Atwood, Ian Orland), and close collaborators (Sylvia Dee, Samantha Stevenson).

A rundown of the various presentations follows. Hope to see you there!

MY PRESENTATIONS

[Oral] "Western tropical Pacific hydroclimate across four glacial cycles" - Stalagmites!
Kim M. Cobb & 20+ others, but notably Stacy Carolin, Jessica Moerman, Sang Chen, Nele Meckler, & Jess Adkins
PP23D-07Tuesday, 13 December, 15:10 - 15:25, Moscone West 2003

[Oral] "Tropical Pacific climate during the Medieval Climate Anomaly: progress and pitfalls" - Corals!
Kim M. Cobb & 20+ others, but notably Tianran Chen, Pamela Grothe, Hussein Sayani, Hai Cheng, Larry Edwards
PP54A-07Friday, 16 December, 17:15 - 17:30, Moscone West 2010

[Oral] "Fostering institutional practices in support of public engagement by scientists"
Kim M. Cobb
ED43F-08Thursday, 15 December, 15:25 - 15:40, Moscone South 309


UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCHERS (recruit them - they're applying to grad school this winter!)

[Oral] "The 2015/16 El Niño Event as Recorded in Central Tropical Pacific Corals: Temperature, Hydrology, and Ocean Circulation Influences"
Gemma O'Connor, Hussein Sayani, Samantha Stevenson, Alyssa Atwood, Pamela Grothe, Nick Hitt, and Jean Lynch-Stieglitz
A41L-04Thursday, 15 December, 8:45 - 9:00, Moscone West 3006

[Oral] "An ensemble approach to reconstructing 20th century climate trends in data-sparse regions of the tropical Pacific using young fossil corals"
Nick T. Hitt, Hussein Sayani, Samantha Stevenson, Alyssa Atwood, Pamela Grothe, Hai Cheng, Larry Edwards, Melat Hagos, Dan Deocampo, Tianran Chen, Yanbin Lu, Diane Thompson, and Jean Lynch-Stieglitz
PP43D-03Thursday, 15 December, 14:10 - 14:25, Moscone West 2012


GRADUATE STUDENTS

[Oral] "The 2015/16 El Niño Event as Recorded in Central Tropical Pacific Corals: Temperature, Hydrology, and Ocean Circulation Influences"
Pamela R. Grothe, Giovanni Ligori, Hussein Sayani, Antoinetta Capotondi, Hai Cheng, Larry Edwards, Yanbin Lu, Guaciara Santos, John Southon, Kayla Townsend, Melat Hagos, Diane Thompson, Lauren Toth, Emanuele Di Lorenzo, and Dan Deocampo
A42E-03Thursday, 15 December, 10:50 - 11:05, Moscone West 3006

[Poster] "Coral Ensemble Estimates of Central Pacific Mean Climate During the Little Ice Age"
Hussein R. Sayani, Gemma O'Connor, Agraj Khare, Alyssa Atwood, Pamela Grothe, Tianran Chen, Melat Hagos, Nick Hitt, Diane Thompson, Dan Deocampo, Yanbin Lu, Hai Cheng, Larry Edwards
PP51D-2329Friday, 16 December, 8:00 - 12:20, Moscone South Poster Hall


POSTDOCTORAL SCIENTISTS

[Oral] "A Coral Ensemble Approach to Reconstructing Central Pacific Climate Change During the Holocene"
Alyssa Atwood, Kim M. CobbPamela Grothe, Hussein Sayani, Hai Cheng, Larry Edwards, Yanbin Lu, Guaciara Santos, John Southon, Kayla Townsend, Melat Hagos, Dan Decamp, Tianran Chen, John CH Chiang
PP43D-04Thursday, 15 December, 14:25 - 14:40, Moscone West 2012




[Oral] "Micro-scale δ18O analyses of a Borneo stalagmite across the Toba super-eruption"
Ian Orland (U. Wisconsin), Kim M. Cobb, Stacy Carolin, Ben Linzmier, John W. Valley, Jess F. Adkins
PP14A-05Monday, 12 December, 15:00 - 15:15, Moscone West 2003





CLOSE COLLABORATORS

[Oral] "Last Millennium External Forcing Undetectable in Coral Records of Central Pacific Climate"
Sylvia Dee (Brown University), Kim M. Cobb, Julien Emile-Geay, Toby Ault
PP52A-06Friday, 16 December, 11:35 - 11:50, Moscone West 2012



[Poster] "The 2015-16 El Niño As A Proving Ground for Coral Proxy Reconstructions"
Samantha Stevenson (NCAR), Kim M. Cobb, Mark Merrifield, Brian Powell
A43C-0236Thursday, 15 December, 13:40 - 18:00, Moscone South Poster Hall






10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TAKE A LOAN @ 2% INTEREST RATE

      Do you need a loan?
      Do you need a loan to pay off your debt?
      Do you have bad credit?
      Do you need a loan construction or to invest?
      Do u you need loan to start doing business?
      if yes,
      VICTORIA FINANCIER LOAN FIRM
      are Granting you personal loan, Business loan, mortgage loan,
      Construction loan, Debt loan, Student loan, Auto loan, e.t.c.
      Loan at any currency are range from
      $10,000 ''min'' to $100,000.000 ''max'' @ 2%
      If you are interested kindly send
      response to: { victoriafinancier@outlook.com }

      *Full Name/Company Name:_________

      *Address:_________

      *Tell:_________

      *loan amount:_________

      *Loan duration:_________

      *Country:_________

      *Purpose of loan:_________

      *Monthly Income:__________

      *Occupation__________

      *Next of kin :_________

      *Email :_________

      VICTORIA FINANCIER EMAIL: victoriafinancier@outlook.com
      Best Regard
      VICTORIA FINANCIER

      Delete
    2. WHEN I HAD NO HOPE AFTER LOOSING ALL MY SAVINGS, CHESTER BRIAN LOANS HELPED ME {brianloancompany0@gmail.com}
      Hi everyone, i am Chloe Raymond am so glade coming back to this great forum to testify about the help i received from Chester Brian. I was in desperate need of a loan in other to be free from debt and financial bondage that was place on me by my ex husband. It was really bad that i have to seek for help from Friends,family and even my bank but on one could assist me because my credit score was really bad. So i was browsing with my computer and saw some testimonies from people Chester Brian assisted with a loan, then i decided to contact him on his email BRIANLOANCOMPANY0@GMAIL.COM, then i received a mail from them and i did all that was asked from me. To my greatest surprise they transferred to my account the loan i requested and now i am so happy clearing my debt and have also started a business with the remaining amount to take care of myself and family. If you need a loan do contact the best loan lender of all time Chester Brian on his email: BRIANLOANCOMPANY0@GMAIL.COM or Call/Text +1(803) 373-2162

      Delete
    3. Celebrate this Christmas season with joy and gladness in your heart...

      I would like to bring this to the notice of the public about how i met Funding Circle Loan PLC after i lost my job and been denied loan by my bank and other financial institution due to my credit score. I could not pay my children's fees. I was behind on bills, about to be thrown out of the house due to my inability to pay my rent, It was during this period my kids were taken from me by foster care. Then i set out to seek for funds online where i lost $3,670 that i borrowed from friends which i was rip off by two companies. Until i was referred to Funding Circle Plc by a very good friend, so if truly you are in need of a loan i advise you contact this Godsent lender via Email: fundingcapitalplc@gmail.com OR Call/Text +14067326622 and be free from scam' Jennie Cortez by name from United State


      Delete
  2. "Nice posts....Great looks.
    Visit : araaha nagpur
    .For the latest fashions and trends"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divine Loan Opportunity Offered By CHESTER BRIAN LOANS That Save My Family From Financial Bondage {Brianloancompany@yahoo.com}

    Hello Everyone, I am Rosie Rhoma a single mom from Texas USA, I will like to share this great testimony on how i got a loan from Chester Brian Loans, when we were driven out of our home when i couldn't pay my bills anymore, After been scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union i visited. my children were taken by the foster care, i was all alone in the street. Until a day i shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first i told her that i am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that i will received my loan from them. On a second thought, due to my homelessness i had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me i received a loan of $80,000.00 from Chester Brian Loans. Am happy i took the risk and applied for the loan. my kids have been given back to me and now i own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to CHESTER BRIAN LOAN COMPANY for giving a meaning to life when i had lost all hope. If you currently seeking for a loan assistance, you can contact them via: {Brianloancompany@yahoo.com} OR text +1(803) 373-2162

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you suffering financially or do you need an urgent cash to pay your bills? And you want to take the risk of transforming your own life. Try and get your ATM blank card today and be among the lucky one's who are benefiting from this card. This ATM card is set capable of hacking into any ATM machines anywhere in the world. I have to know about this blank ATM card when I was looking for work online about a month ago. It has really changed my life forever and now I can say I'm rich because I am a living testimony. The less money I get in a day with this card is $5,000. Even now and then keep pumping money into my account. Although the card is illegal but there is no risk of being caught. It is programmed in such a way that it cannot be tracked and also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV camera to detect you when using it. For details on how to get yours today contact ( cliffordhackerspays@gmail.com )....

    ReplyDelete

  5. THE BEST PLACE TO SOLVE YOUR FINANCIAL PROBLEMS ( upstartloan@yahoo.com )

    Hello everyone in this forum, I am Jane Robin from palm Harbor Florida 34682. USA and want to use this medium to express gratitude to UP START LOAN for fulfilling their promise by granting me a loan, i was stuck in a financial situation and needed to refinance and pay my bills as well as start up a Business. I tried seeking for loans from various loan firms both private and corporate organisations but never with success, and most banks declined my credit request. But as God would have it, i was introduced by a friend named Mary Williams to UP START LOAN whom also confirmed to me that she also obtained a loan from them. In an attempt to resolve my current situation, i got in contact with the company via email and undergone the due process of obtaining a loan from the company, to my greatest surprise within 48hrs just like my friend Mary, i was also granted a loan of $80,000.00; So my advise to everyone who or know someone who desires a loan, if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan online with low interest rate of 2% and better repayment plans/schedule, please contact UP START LOAN. Besides, he doesn’t know that am doing this but due to the joy in me, i'm so happy and wish to let people know more about this great company whom truly give out loans, it is my prayer that GOD should bless them more as they put smiles on peoples faces. You can contact them via email on ( upstartloan@yahoo.com ) or Text/Call +1(574) 301-1639 And share your own awesome experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHEN I HAD NO HOPE AFTER LOOSING ALL MY SAVINGS, CHESTER BRIAN LOANS HELPED ME {brianloancompany0@gmail.com}
    Hi everyone, i am Chloe Raymond am so glade coming back to this great forum to testify about the help i received from Chester Brian. I was in desperate need of a loan in other to be free from debt and financial bondage that was place on me by my ex husband. It was really bad that i have to seek for help from Friends,family and even my bank but on one could assist me because my credit score was really bad. So i was browsing with my computer and saw some testimonies from people Chester Brian assisted with a loan, then i decided to contact him on his email BRIANLOANCOMPANY0@GMAIL.COM, then i received a mail from them and i did all that was asked from me. To my greatest surprise they transferred to my account the loan i requested and now i am so happy clearing my debt and have also started a business with the remaining amount to take care of myself and family. If you need a loan do contact the best loan lender of all time Chester Brian on his email: BRIANLOANCOMPANY0@GMAIL.COM or Call/Text +1(803) 373-2162

    ReplyDelete